Monday 22 October 2012

Rowing Machines Part 2: Technique.

Today I thought it would be good to look at some of the basics of technique, and then some common mistakes.



But, instead of me just telling you the motions, I'm going to let Bobby Thatcher do it, partly because he's made a really good YouTube clip covering everything I would want to say and more, and partly because he's an Olympian and I'm not.


Even if you think you're pretty good on an ergo take the 7min and watch this because it's always good to get a refresher.


This video has been made by Concept2 and is useful if you think you might not be doing it correctly. It goes through the majority of the common mistakes, and gives you some drills to fix it.


Also, I'm totally jealous that she gets to ergo on a lake, and I'm stuck in a gym.
If you can move our ergo out into the sunshine, go for it!


I hope these two videos help. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer.

And yes, I do know that I'm being totally lazy, but it's for your best, really it is.

Next time I'll look at some of the programs and different sorts of workouts you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment