Monday 14 January 2013

Too Busy Feeling Sorry For Myself...

What is the point of having a blog if you can't occasionally have a sulk on it?

So, was being all super sporty and active riding my bike home from work. The sun was out, it was a beautiful day, there were people everywhere for the Australian Open Tennis. I had just rounded a corner going slightly up hill, so luckily not going too fast and then...

Well, not quite sure what happened. It appears I fainted.

Lost vision, felt like I was still going forward until the ground side swiped me from the right.

Rolled onto my back and waited for my vision to clear again and found a small crowd of people staring at me, in a very nice, concerned sort of way.

Luckily did nothing major. Scrapped my elbow and hand, and have a growing bruise on my hip, but other than that came out pretty unscathed. Except for my pride that is. Everyone got me to sit down, and wanted to work out why I had fainted. Had I had too much sun? Had I drunk enough water that day? As I had been inside at my desk all day, couldn't really claim heat exhaustion, or anything else particular.

Then had to walk the rest of the trip home as the rest of the path is beside the river, and if I lost it again and fell in, that could be quite bad.

So, this is my explanation why I haven't found something more interesting to tell you, too busy feeling sorry for myself :D

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment