Tuesday 16 April 2013

Our Prayers to Those Affected By The Boston Marathon Bombs.

It is hard to think that last week I was starting my half marathon training while others were excited and tapering for the Boston Marathon. Now, I continue my training and they have been attacked and their lives forever shaken.

I cannot even imagine what it would be like to be at the peak of your fitness, crossing the finish line, and then wake up in a hospital with an amputated leg.

Or to be close to the finish, having pushed through the wall and used up all your reserves to get you there, only to watch your cheering family ripped apart by shrapnel from an explosion.

There is not much I can say, just that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

As one jogger nods to the other as they pass on the track early in the morning, so I nod to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment